You are here
When using the EzeScan EDRMS (Profile Form) functionality with DM Explorer 5.3 the Profile Form does not show when F4 is pressed.
To resolve this issue you must upgrade EzeScan to version 4.2.135 or higher. For assistance please contact EzeScan Support.Direct link to FAQ
The Kofax VRS driver does this by design. To stop the VRS driver from prompting the operator to load more documents (after the scanned batch is complete), please perform the following steps.
Although the EzeScan application is English, the following OCR languages are supported in EzeScan 4.2.170 and above.
When importing or scanning large images (i,e, A0, Colour, >= 200 DPI) into EzeScan they may fail to load due to Windows 32 Bit Operating System memory limitations.
To resolve this issue
Warning: The following 32 Bit Operating System configuration instructions may cause unexpected behaviour to occur such as services and drivers failing to load. These instructions are for informational purposes only, and should be implemented at your own risk. If they should cause problems you should consider reverting back to the prior configuration settings, and then consider upgrading the PC to a Windows 64 bit operating system to see whether that provides a more permanent workaround.
A) Windows XP 32 bit Instructions -
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /3GB
B) Windows Vista 32 bit and Windows 7 32 bit Instructions -
If you are seeing the following error message reporting that your scanner is offline:
Then try these suggestions first to fix it:
If it's still randomly going offline then try these 2 suggestions:
Direct link to FAQ
According to the Fujitsu Scanner Driver Manual Troubleshooting section here's what it has to say about the error message
Insufficient memory. (DS41001)
There is not enough memory for tasks such as scanning and image processing. The driver program consumes a lot of memory space for
caching (when Ram cache or /Use Both Memory is selected) or for processing images. Because of this, insufficient memory is likely to have occurred.
- Lower the resolution.
- Don't use the following image processing settings: Dropout Color="None" and Image Rotation.
- Lower the Automatic Page Size Detection Priority.
- Don't compress the file when saving it.
- Select a caching mode other than "Ram cache" or "Use Both Memory."
- Increase virtual memory
What EzeScan recommends
We have found that the Fujitsu Fi Series TWAIN driver is quite susceptable to this error, when scanning in Colour, 300 DPI, duplex with Auto Paper Sizing turned on.
In our application, we have made sure that the scanner Dropout Color is not set to 'None' and the scanner Image Rotation is set to 'off'.
We are also setting cache mode to 'None' when Auto Paper size detection is enabled.
So we suggest to:
We are contacting Fujitsu to see if they have any plans to fix these issues in the current fi- series scanners, and in any new models that are being brought to market.Direct link to FAQ
Versions error is appearing: 4.2.228 and 4.2.244.
To remedy this problem, you must reinstall .Net Framework 4.0. Once completed reinstall EzeScan.Direct link to FAQ
Firstly confirm that the operator is logged into the Authority web client before loading EzeScan.
If the error is still appearing the cause of this is most likely due to a group policy not allowing Authority to write into the Registry.
The registry location is as follows
The last five string keys should be populated with values.
Another way to check is by using the AuthAPITest.exe in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Civica\EDMS folder.
Click the “Check Authority Active” button. It should return “True”
If the issue persists please log a request to civica with this troubleshooting information.Direct link to FAQ
To enable border removal on the Canon DR-9050/7550/6050C please follow these instruction:
- If your Button Interface is active, please press close.
- Select Admin > Jobs (F6)
- Select 'Advanced' on the Scan Tab
- Check the 'Enable Custom Settings' box
- This will allow you to select the 'Scanner Custom CAPS' tab
- In the 'Desired Caps' box enter '32805=2'
- Click 'Apply' and 'Save' and 'Close'
This will activate border removal on the above mentioned scanner models.Direct link to FAQ
If EzeScan is required to be used in a Citrix / RDS /VMware view style environment then the EzeScan configuration needs to be configured as a per user application instead of a standard workstation configuration.
The way this is configured is that a "master" configuration is stored in a folder (In the EzeScan Authority Server) and when a new user or a new user (or configuration changes have been made to the "master") EzeScan will pull down the new configuration to deploy to the user.
Please note: that this configuration is designed for use under our concurrent license model only.
To set this up this, follow the settings below.
- Setup master configuration
- Confirm EzeScan is on 4.3.150 or above.
- In the C:\Program Files (x86)\Outback Imaging\EzeScan\Resources\Override.ini -> Add the following line under the [Folder Paths] section Common Data=%APPDATA%\Outback Imaging\EzeScan Save the file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Outback Imaging\EzeScan\
- Load EzeScan -> Select Admin -> Workstation Options -> Config Tab Confirm the Application data directory is pointing to the respective users APPDATA path -> Click Save to close
- Configure the license and workflows as required.
- Configure Deployment Settings
- It is now time to configure the configuration profile share to allow other users use this configuration. Please refer to section 8 of the EzeScan Authority Service user guide.
- This is available to download from the EzeScan downloads section (required to be logged in)
- Log into EzeScan as the current user, confirm all jobs and license is ok.
- Log into EzeScan as completely new user(another session) and confirm all jobs and license is ok.